My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Thursday 8 July 2010

Russian Farm Houses

Hi everyone!

These are some photos of two Russian Farm Houses (Pegasus Hobbies), that I made recently. Great models, dare I say!

I made some fences also, from balsa wood to accompany them.

Hope you like them. Any comments appreciated!

T.













9 comments:

  1. Fantastic farm. I wish had a real house like this one :)

    Very good paintingjob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey mate, great work! Very nice painting detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Basically it is very easy to paint them.

    After a blick Primer, you paint them with a dark Brown (e.g GW Scorched Brown). When it dries, you take VJ Panzer Aces - Old wood, and you give a heavy drybrush on the surface of the houses.

    The final step, and the big secret is to take some VJ Green Grey, and give a light drybrush on the surface again. That is what gives the depth to the wood grains!

    I learnt that from a fellow Greek, who made some fences and told me how he painted them!

    Efharistw (Thank you in Greek)!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very realistic farm. Very good work. Nice pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great little kits from Pegasus - there is at least two more, a two-storey house (large Karilian region izba) kit #7704 and another one too. I have done the same kit you have done, but have these two two waiting to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look amazing. Right on the spot. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking houses! What paints did you use for the roofs, Thanos?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanos you are amazing!! Tell us about the paints and technique in the roof!! A fellowGreek!

    ReplyDelete