Good day guys!
As you already know, most of you who visit my blog, I am trying to ''rationalize'' my armies in terms of elements that consist them (Artillery, Mortars, A/A guns, A/T guns etc...) with a way of restructuring (same thing we do here in Greece with our economy, not so successful I'm afraid...).
Yesterday's progress (from a total of 52 figures) was the application of the basic uniform colour and a first highlight on them with some drybrush with a lighter shade colour.
For my Russian (with great coats - that will be used for winter war scenarios), I used VMC 70.873 US Field Drab as the basic colour (great coats) and then I used some VMC 70.874 US Tan Earth for highlighting the folds of the coats (drybrush).
For the other bunch of Russians (with Telogreika and Ushankas) & (Gymnastiorka & Pilotka caps), I used VMC 70.879 Green Brown as the basic colour and for the highlight (drybrush) I used some VMC 70.988 Khaki.
Below you will see the relevant photos.
All in all, I managed to finish 6 figures last night (with great coats), but I didn't finish the bases, so you will have to wait for my next post to see them! :-) I apologize for that, but I want to show you some complete work before I send you my next W.I.P post (you will get fed up eventually if I carry on like this).
I hope this method of painting I use, may be a bit helpful to you and your projects.
Have a good day guys!!