My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 17 November 2014

Limber and ammunition wagon

Greetings everyone.

These past few weeks I have been on a modelling project, for the wargaming club I'm a member (a totally new period for me, I can only say that it has to do with the Great War...) and I didn't have much spare time to indulge myself with anything but.

However, below you will see some photos, of one cannon limber and one ammunition wagon, destined to serve my little men, in wars of the 18th century (WSS, GNW, Seven Years', FIW etc etc). They come from Zvezda's set (Zvezda #8058 Russian Artillery of Peter the Great) and even though each has three horses for every limber/wagon, I reckon that they would pass the test in terms of historical accuracy. The painting is somewhat generic, just for this reason (I couldn't paint the horses green, if that's you were thinking).

Anyhoo, I hope you like 'em.

















Have a great Monday night everyone.

PS: Stay tuned for the WW1 project that will follow in due course. :-)

10 comments:

  1. Nicely done. There are never enough limbers on the table in games. Good to see this one. Looking forward to your WWI project. Which theater?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love me some 1/72 wagons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such nice work. So much to like there - the basing, the colouring and shading of the horses. For a very limited palette, you've achieved great results. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to like Thanos.....cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cracking job on those limbers mate, really brought them to life, cant wait to see them with crew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look just....excellent! Great job done Thanos!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete