My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Wednesday 22 June 2011

German Sniper - Oak Leaf Spring / Summer Pattern

Good day everyone!!

It's been a while since I last painted a figure with some camouflage on its uniform.
Since I wanted to paint a sniper figure, I decided to paint his uniform (well his jacket) with the Oak Leaf (Spring/Summer) pattern. Most of us know it with this name, but in German is called Eichenlaubmuster (I am trying to be as international as possible as you may see)!
The painting steps (I used Vallejo Model colours) for achieving this result were the following:
1. Base Colour: German Camamouflage Pale Brown no.825
2. Dark Green: German Camouflage Dark Green no.979
3. Green: German Camouflage Bright Green no.833

The jacket was painted with Pale Brown (1), and after that splotched of Dark Green (2) were applied in a random way (after all, we are talking about camouflage), and lastly dots of Bright Green were applied on the Dark Green splotches (3), to achieve the camo effect.

I apologise for the rather mediocre quality of the photos, I must have done something wrong apparently! I'll make it up to you next time! :-)

















I hope you like it!

T.

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant A++ did you use a wash afterwards?

    GReg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Thanos! The Figure is from Revell, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thanos, I think it looks right, the photos are a little blurry, have you got a Macros feature on your camera? it has a little flower (tulip) shape, this feature allows you to focus in on small things, notice when he is standing in the trees, the trees are focused but the figure isn't, the Macros feature will reverse that, focus in on the figure and ignore the surroundings, my camera is just an old cybershot, but with this feature it works quite well for mini's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a damn good representation, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! Nice paint work T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! The camo obviously makes the camera unable to focus on the figure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a great looking paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, camo at that scale takes a steady hand! Matches photos I've seen of the oakleaf camo well. What range is this model (I'm guessing Revell)?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent results and I love the scenery too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems the camo is really good. But only seems! As all photos are out of focus I can't be sure! ;)
    Make some decent photos! For now all this compliments are little overstated.

    ReplyDelete