Greetings amici miei,
Hope you are all well.
As I am waiting for my folding tables to come (and since my budget is stretched to Its outmost limit), I came up with the idea to make some Telegraph poles.
As you may already know, if you search through the web, there are plenty of options available. The most characteristic product is Dapol’s CO24 - Telegraph poles.
Even though they are a bit old in terms of manufacture date, they are considered as good models and most of all budget friendly. However, since I am a rather selfish sod, I decided to make some (well they came out 50 of them) by myself.
The materials I used were the following:
- Bamboo skewers
- 5 cent coins (2.5 euro / cost - a small expense for their stability) - used as bases
- Thin balsa strips (1mm) - two per pole
- Small cylindrical (very small actually - 4 piece/pole) piece of cotton buds holders (the little white ones you’ll see placed on top of the vertical balsa strips)
- PVA glue
- Static grass
Below you see the fruits of my efforts. If you take out the time I spent I needed to make fifty of them (I know, I exaggerated once more), it was very easy to make them, and they should fit nicely on every WW2 tabletop.
For this reason I prepared for you a small present, a video showing them placed next to my home made Normandy houses, whilst Panzers are on the move, seeking to burn some Allies’ Shermans (I’ve been experimenting with Photoshop - stay tuned, something big will show up...)!
Vroom vroom everyone! :)
I hope you like it.
Have a great Monday night everyone!