My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Saturday 21 July 2012

Airfix 1314 - AEC Matador and 5.5 Inch Gun

Good day!!

After a long night's session yeasterday, I managed to finish Airfix's AEC Matador and 5.5 Inch Gun model.
The model was really easy to build, I built it in about 45 minutes. The cast is very delicate, but not with the best amount of details, considering the fact that it's a rather old model. For the driver fig, I used an old Esci fig (cut in the torso and above). Unfortunately the model doesn't come with plastic transparent windows as the QLT & QLD trucks do (new models by Airfix), but, I reckon that I can live with that. The painting scheme I followed was the same as the rest of the British Trucks have, in order to achieve some consistency (mouse painting scheme). If you want to deploy Tommy numbers on the battlefield, you should go for this kit. It combines trasportation and firepower in a very appealing price. :-)

On with the photos then:



Below you will finnd a GIF file I created (a big boy playing I call it), showing the truck and the gun on the move through Normandy's hedgerows. It's pretty generic, but I made it in a few minutes time, so please be tolerant. Next time I'll do a better job! :-)



I hope you like it!
T.

25 comments:

  1. Lovely work and up to your usual high standard T.

    Nice gif as well.

    A good nights work mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Night is my thing as it seems Paul!
      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent work T, & so speedy too.
    I hope you find your gun crew for the 5.5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack! Before finding the appropriate crew, I must save up some money first, otherwise my gun will be lonely for a while! :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful stuff Thanos. Nice work on the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exceleent work T. The giff is great something new!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Greg. It was an idea that was swirling in my mind for some days now...I hope you liked it!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful miniatures AND terrain Mr. Thanos! I always enjoy seeing your work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben. These money have been spent wisely as it seems... :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice! I think the gif looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. It's rather easy. I am intending of making some few more.

      Delete
  7. Excellent camouflage pattern and great bocage you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx mate! I reckon it's the result of endless hours in surfing the internet for ideas! :)

      Delete
  8. Very nice Mickey Mouse camouflage. I am not sure I could have built something like this in only 15 minutes! The giff is a great idea, I hope we will see more of them in the future! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan. More to come, count on that. :)

      Delete
  9. Yes, mickey mouse cammo is great, very nice models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I liked Mickey Mouse when I was little. I never thought that I would use it for my models..!

      Delete
  10. You put this together in only 15 minutes. I'm afraid to admit how long it takes me just to paint one of my figures!! Nice brush work on these. I do like the way the tires look worn and dirty.

    The gif is a great idea and I think if you posted a tutorial on how you did it, we'd see gif's springing up all over the blogosphere. Then one day you could host a contest on who could make the best wargaming gif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, you are always very kind to me.
      I'll try to post a tutorial regarding the gif 'videos', but I need to show you some other things first. If you still like it, I'll surely post a tutorial.

      Delete
  11. Wow! You certainly didn't waste any time on this one Thanos! Splendid work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Michael! Time and waste are my worst enemies... :) It seems that it's an uphill battle in the end though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an article from Airfix Magazine Manual on super detailing the 5.5" gun. I can send you a scan if you have an email address.

    ReplyDelete