My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday, 25 November 2013

Street Barricades

In my last post, you have seen the unpainted street barricades I made by using some Skytrex model accessories and modelling putty.

Below you see them painted and finished.















I hope you like them.

Have a good Monday night everyone.
T.

Thursday, 21 November 2013

W.I.P - Boxes and drums

Recently, I bought some terrain accessories from Early War Miniatures (ex. Skytrex). These were: Ammo crates and Oil drums.

I wanted to make some street barricades that could be used as complementary items to my existing terrain pieces. combined with my sandbags and wooden barriers.

Apart from the above mentioned material I used some plastic boxes and barells alongside with some Milliput White putty for making some sandbags.

Below you see the W.I.P results, after modelling and gluing. They were a pain to make in terms of time per model, but the result was very pleasing. With an amount of 6 Euro (4 GBP), I managed to make 6 pieces and have many pieces left, that I could use in other projects. A fair deal dare I say.

Last, but not least is the aspect that these things are fully customized and ‘’tailored’’ in my own personal style. Commercially, there aren’t many options available, apart from Gamecraft miniatures Piles - O - Stuff, which are very nice and not at all expensive. But, if you live in Greece, you can’t place an order for a mere 5 Euro and the consequent postal costs. So, I had to come up with a different option - I opted the idea of making some of my own - I have to keep the brain’s cells active as much as possible - hehehe!







Painting post would be next.

I hope you like them.

Have a good Thursday night everyone.
T.

Monday, 18 November 2013

Wood Piles - the easy way

Hi everyone.

In the battlefields around Normandy (and other to be fair), there were dozens of terrain pieces apart from houses, trees and stone walls that most of us use on our tables.

I came up with the idea of making some wood piles, made from simple and cheap wood skewers. Their construction was rather easy to be honest - some strips of wood skewers (approx. 20 / base) four pillars from balsa wood (so as to represent a different type of wood compared to the wooden skewers) and some plastic bases (I used some pieces from vinyl tiles). After that, some PVA and sand, paints, static grass and meadow flowers and that was it. :-)

Below you see the finished result (a British soldier was used as a height reference).











I hope you like them.

Have a good Monday night everyone!
T.

Monday, 11 November 2013

HaT Set 8260 WWI German Field Wagon

Hi everyone.

it’s been some months now, that I trying to obtain Hat’s #8261 WWI German Field Wagon. Due to various reasons, I couldn’t get my hands on this kit. Last week my local hobbystore brought it’s little cousin, Hat’s #8260 WWI German Field Wagon. In terms of accuracy, the latter wasn’t the best option, but ok, let’s be honest here: could somebody brag about historical accuracy issues for field wagons? Was there an industry behind their manufacture??? Just kidding.

In any case, I bought this kit and I used the first of its three models that are included, as a small terrain piece which can be either a road obstacle, or as a complementary piece in a rural setup.




And a small video...

video


I hope you like it.

Have a good Monday night everyone!
T.

Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Pegasus Waffen SS - Set 2

Hi everyone.


Most of us that play with little plastic figures, know Pegasus’ Waffen SS - Set 2 kit.


It was a unique (for the time it was released) kit, since it combined new methods of casting, that provided excellent 3d figures.


In this instance, I used two identical prone figures, which I painted in the same manner, but used different style of bases (one with dirt and one ‘urban’).


What’s different from other painting methods I did in the past, is that in this instance as in my previous work (last post), I used washes (through successive layers of colours) instead of Wood-Varnish Stain - Dip I was using.

















I hope you like them.


Have a good Wednesday night everyone!
T.