My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 28 December 2009

Waffen SS Pea Dot Camouflage

I was reading through some books that were talking about the Waffen SS, an I thought to try and paint the famous Pea Dot Camouflage pattern.
The figures I used are the Caesar's 1/72 German Infantry with Winter Gear.
The steps I followed in painting the Pea Dot are the following:
1.Gluing, Basing, Flocking with sand the figures.

2.Priming (GW Chaos Black Primer - IMHO the best there is in the market)

3.Paint the whole uniform with VJ English Uniform

4.Paint some Black (any black would do) blobs on the uniform

5.Paint some VJ Khaki larger blobs, near the black ones

6.Paint Black dots in the Khaki and English uniform areas

7.Paint VJ Khaki dots in the Black and English uniform areas

8.Paint GW Catachan Green dots on every area of the uniform (not too many though)

9.Paint the rest of the figure (gas masks, bread bag, helmets, weapon etc.)

10.Varnish it


Hope you like 'em!

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Pegasus German Mortar Teams

This time I decided to share with you some photos of the figures I am currently painting.

They are Pegasus' German Mortar Teams (20mm).
The figures come out in parts, which you have to assmebly to get them done. This is because the manufacturer wants to achieve a 3Dimensional result on the figures.
Additionally, the whole kit comes in good solid plastic, without any flush.

The figures and the mortar are painted with a mix of Vallejo, Lifecolour and GW Paints.


Friday 11 December 2009

Second post in one day!

I couldn't wait though!

These are my two new babies. I have finished them last weekend.

They are the two bunkers from Monolith Designs.

They come in 2 pieces, and they are made from firm sturdy plaster.

I think they are great models, and they will complement every battlefield nicely!

Italeri Country House

Hi everyone!

This is one of my first attempts of making a terrain piece. It is an Italeri Country House. I created some walls from foamcore and I included one small field in the backyard (My inspiration came from Fonzie's scratchbuilding site - thanks ).

I also compare it with a house made from Byzantium models, to show the difference between them.


Thursday 3 December 2009

Normandy . . . in colour!

This is my modular terrain board (well, one part of). I use 30x30cm styrofoam (3cm) sheets, which I glue them afterwards to some plastic tiles of the same size.

I then glue some static grass matt on them and up to now I have created almost 45 blocks. Some of them have trenches and artillery positions dugged in, by my foam cutter (Hotwire Foam Factory), to give a more realistic approach.

All the rest are scratchbuild - roads, hedges, electricity posts, music trees (based on cd's).

The buildings are a kind offer of Byzantium Models. I hope my painting is ''adequate'' for these masterpieces!